Viking axe foam crafting pattern and tutorial
€5.00 – €9.00
Digital PDF tutorial and pattern set to help you make your own cosplay viking style axe! Do you want to use the exact patterns that I drafted and used for my own prop and read a detailed tutorial book about the whole process with lots of pictures and tips and tricks? Now you can! Read on…
Please choose in the drop down menu if you want the patterns, tutorial or BOTH.
A set of digital blueprints (PDF) that you can print out and use to make your own (cosplay or LARP) axe prop AND a digital tutorial book of 25 pages long in which the full creation of the axe is described with lots of pictures and tips and tricks. These are digital files, so there is no physical pattern or book that I send to you. You will need to download the files to your computer and work with them from there
If you buy these PDF’s, you can immediately download them, print the blueprint and scroll through all of the tutorial pages on your digital device to help with making your own props. Some basic crafting experience is advised when working with the blueprint. The file is a PDF and it shows the side view of the prop. It is ‘broken down’ in a few pieces so you only need to print 5 (or even just 3) pieces of paper! After printing, tape the pieces of paper together like shown in the paper layout image and then cut out all the pieces. Tape the pieces of the prop together to get the full blueprint on fullsize.
This axe prop is perfect for any warrior, Viking or other fantasy character! If you make it with foam, it can work even as a weapon for LARP. Of course, it’s also possible to create the prop base shape with foam and then cover it with Worbla to make it extra strong and durable.
I also added LED lights in the prop and programmed them, but I’m by no means an expert in electronics, so I couldn’t explain that very well in the tutorial. So the tutorial is all about the crafting, but won’t teach much details about the electronics. Of course, it’s optional to make the axe with or without electronics. It also looks totally epic without lights!
The digital PDF pattern set includes crafting patterns for the following:
- Viking axe
The tutorial PDF includes instructions for the following:
- Create a sturdy base with Sintra
- Apply LED strips on the Sintra base
- Make the handle for the axe come apart in two pieces for easy transport
- Build up the axe with layers of EVA foam
- Hide the electronics (like the batteries and the Arduino) invisibly inside the axe
- Create decorative details on the axe using foam and foamclay
- Add textures into the foam
- Use Worbla’s Crystal Art to create ‘fake glass’ for the runes
- Prime and paint the foam axe
- PDF tutorial booklet size: 39 pages
Pattern Download includes:
- Axe blueprint: PDF file with the blueprint in dinA4 size (5 pages)
- Axe blueprint: PDF file with the blueprint in Letter size (5 pages)
- Total dinA4 size: 5 pages
- Total Letter size: 5 pages
|Tutorial and/or patterns||
Tutorial and patterns, Only tutorial, Only patterns
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.