Viking shield foam crafting pattern and tutorial
€5.00 – €10.00
Digital PDF tutorial and pattern set to help you make your own viking style shield prop! Do you want to use the exact patterns that I drafted and used for my own props and read a detailed tutorial book about the whole process with lots of pictures and tips and tricks? Now you can! Read on…
Please choose in the drop down menu if you want the patterns, tutorial or BOTH.
A set of digital patterns (PDF) that you can print out and use to make your own(cosplay or LARP) axe prop AND a digital tutorial book of 25 pages long in which the full creation of the prop is described with lots of pictures and tips and tricks. These are digital files, so there is no physical pattern or book that I send to you. You will need to download the files to your computer and work with them from there
If you buy these PDF’s, you can immediately download them, print the blueprint and scroll through all of the tutorial pages on your digital device to help with making your own shield. Some basic crafting experience is advised when working with the blueprint. The file is a PDF and it shows the side view of the prop and a pattern to create a half sphere for the middle of the shield. After printing, tape the pieces of paper together like shown in the paper layout image and then cut out all the pieces.
If you’re using this blueprint as a guide to make your own shield, you’ll end up with a shield of aprox 60 cm in diameter.
This shield prop is perfect for any warrior, Viking or other fantasy character! Because the shield is rather large, I advice to use a sturdy material to keep it in shape. I used Sintra for this, but of course you could also use actual wood.
I also added LED lights in the prop and programmed them, but I’m by no means an expert in electronics, so I couldn’t explain that very well in the tutorial. So the tutorial is all about the crafting, but won’t teach much details about the electronics. Of course, it’s optional to make the shield with or without electronics. It also looks totally epic without lights!
The digital PDF pattern set includes crafting patterns for the following:
- Viking shield
- Half sphere for the middle of the shield
- Raven symbol
- Runes that read ‘PRETZL’
The tutorial PDF includes instructions for the following:
- Create a sturdy base with Sintra
- Apply LED strips on the Sintra base
- Build up the shield with layers of EVA foam
- Hide the electronics (like the batteries and the Arduino) invisibly inside the shield
- Create decorative details on the shield using foam and foamclay
- Add textures into the foam
- Use Worbla’s Crystal Art to create ‘fake glass’ for the ravens
- Prime and paint the foam shield
- PDF tutorial booklet size: 25 pages
Pattern Download includes:
- Shield blueprint: PDF file with the blueprint in dinA4 size (12 pages)
- Shield blueprint: PDF file with the blueprint in Letter size (12 pages)
- Total dinA4 size: 12 pages
- Total Letter size: 12 pages
|Tutorial and/or patterns
Tutorial and patterns, Only tutorial, Only patterns
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.